- Welcome to Delaney's Corner
- The welcome page - you know, the one with the heifers
- Delaney's Corner
- Introduction page
- What's new
- What's new on the site
- The third Delaney Family Reunion
- Invitation to the reunion on 15-16 January 2005, plus other details. Will be added to as the time approaches.
- The Delaneys Corner Book
- Order form for Delaneys Corner: The Story of a Family from Newhill Tipperary and Nirranda Victoria and some other details.
- Some Delaney background
- Background to the Delaneys in Ireland and Australia.
- In Ireland
- Origins of the name Delaney
- Some reference material on the origins of Ó Dubhshlaine.
- A short text on Twomileborris, Co. Tipperary, Ireland, the town that John &
Bridget Delaney and their 6 children left in 1854 to come to Australia.
- County Tipperary
- Co. Tipperary, it's origins & a short history, including the Great Famine.
- 1840's Ireland
- The decade before the Delaneys emmigrated was a time of great upheaval and change in Ireland.
Covers the freedom fighter Charles Gavan Duffy and his role in the early Victorian parliament,
The Duffy Land Act of 1862.
- Delaneys in Ireland
- The families across Ireland and in Co Tipperary and the astronomical rents that the Delaneys
had to pay to farm their own land.
- Parish Records from Ireland
- Excerpts from Parish Birth and Marriage records, Moycarkey/Borris and Templetuohy parishes.
- In Australia
- The Passengers' List of The Cyprus
- The passengers' list of The Cyprus from 15th January 1855 with John and Bridget
Delaney and their six children.
- A condensed history of the Delaney's whiskey making in the Western District in the 1880's and 1890's
from D.J. (Joe) Delaney's 1978 book 'The Delaney/Dunne Reunion 1978'.
- Getting to Australia and the Early Years
- Introductory text from Mary O'Callaghan's 1983 book 'A Long Way From Tipperary'
with details of the arrival of John and Bridget Delaney and their six children.
- Early Colonial Victoria - What the Migrants Found
- what was happening in the developing colony and how that impacted on the lives of the Delaneys in
the first 3 decades after their arrival.
- Delaney's Corner maps
- One from D.J. (Joe) Delaney's book 'The Delaney/Dunne Family Reunion 1978'
showing the location of Delaney's Corner next to the original blocks, 76A, 76B and 76C, another
modern map from VicRoads showing 'Delaney (sic) Corner' on the Great Ocean Road
- Delaneys in the News
- news articles concerning various Delaneys
- The Family Tree
- Intro page to the family tree (3000+ names) in
(GEnealogical Data COMmunication) format. Thanks to D.J. Delaney & Mary
O'Callaghan for assembling and publishing it, & to Libby Tobin for expanding it and entering it all
- Drop us a line and let us know you visited!
- Cow of the Moment
- With all those dairy-farming Delaney descendents out there, how about some pics?
- Links page for Delaney- and genealogical-related matters
- Contact details
- Sources & Privacy
- Genealogy, Sources & Privacy concerns
- Site Map
- This page